It is not our intention to provide a list of interpretations of The Scriptures reflecting ‘our own perspective and understanding’ to support our belief. We believe that this is how unnecessary division is brought about in the body of Messiah. We are all one body in Messiah and should all take personal responsibility for our individual relationship with YHWH our Elohim – Creator and King of The Universe.
As a broad statement though, we believe from The Scriptures (the Tanakh) and the 'New Testament writings' that:
· YHWH is One (Deuteronomy 6:4),
· YHWH does not change (Hebrews 13:8)
· All Scripture is breathed by YHWH Elohim and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for setting straight, for instruction in righteousness ( 2Timothy 3:16),
· We are saved by favour, through belief, and not of ourselves. It is a gift from YHWH Elohim (Ephesians 2:8).
· Repentance is an essential, initial step in salvation (Mat 4:17, Acts2:38, Mark 6:12, Mark 1:15, Luk 13:3)
· If we love Yahushua Ha Mashiach, we will guard/keep His commandments (John 14:15)
· We are to remain faithful to the work in which He has called us, which is to “Love YHWH your Elohim with all of your heart, and with all your being, all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself” (Luke 10:27). We do this by studying His Word and obeying His Commandments and Instructions (Torah) as the Spirit teaches us in our individual journeys.
We believe that one should study and understand The Word within the framework from which it was written without reading into it 1800 or so years of ‘church’ tradition and man-made doctrine. We believe that reading and interpreting the Scriptures from a Hebrew perspective (the language and culture of the day) presents a different message to the popular doctrines of today. Yahushua is a Jew and lived the ‘Torah’.
Yahushua tells us to follow Him and in Matthew 28:19,20 He instructs us to teach all nations to observe/guard all that He commanded.
We believe that one can not and should not be forced into ‘opinion’ but should be presented with guidance and left to the work of the Set-apart Spirit of YHWH
We are not part of or members of any religious organisation, whether it be the Christian Church (Christianity), the Messianic or Hebrew Roots movements. We are merely students of Scripture and followers of the Messiah Yahushua.
We utilise ‘The Scriptures’ published by The Institute for Scripture Research as our main reference to The Word. We respect the work that was put into producing this revision and support the motivation and reasoning behind the changes – read the PREFACE